Are You A Hard Core Cyclist Or Soft Core Cyclist?
There are dozens of these on the internet (one larger example here), but here are 10 things I see.
1. Is it about the miles or about the ride?
The Miles +1
Both + .5
2. Do you push hills when there is no need to?
3. Do you push the hills if a slower rider starts to pass you on the hill?
4. Do you regularly wait for lagging riders or except them to catch you at the light or pit stop?
Catch Up +1
5. High speed pacelines whenever possible?
6. Your outfit must be cool?
7. You try to obey all traffic rules?
8. Hills are fun or at least worth the effort for the workout?
9. Is a pit stop a time to socialize or for minimum recovery?
10. Its time to buy a newer, better, lighter, sleeker, cooler bicycle?
It ain’t broke
Glenn’s Official Scoring:
0-5 You are definitely soft core and mostly about enjoying being out on your bicycle
6-8 You are in between, you sometimes want to push, but there are limits.
9+ Its about how much you can push and test yourself.
More on riding