Category: General

Myths & More

Compendium Of Interesting Articles – March 2021 10 Bike Fitting Myths – Bicycle Magazine “Spring brings new bikes and more time in the saddle. Old cycling aches and pains return, and new ones develop, motivating many riders to head to their local bike fitter. Bike fits can help, but...

Ride To Back Bay, Newport, CA

This is part 2 of 3 Scenic Rides in Southern California this is the Ride To Back Bay Part 1 – Ride To Dana Point & San Clemente is here. The ride starts from Los Olivos Community Park in Irvine. More photos of this ride are here. This version...

Riding With My Wife

From The Beginning Of Time Up To And Including Today  My wife and I often ride alone together — just the two of us.  (We also drink often alone, together,  but only wine and beer, for the George Thorogood fans among you). Riding with my wife has changed radically...

Hardcore or Chill Cyclist.16

How Do You Ride Your Bicycle? Our ASCENT from hardcore to chill cycling. Yes, we have definitely become chill. Hardcore Then: The longer/hillier way back is better. Chill Now: You have food in my belly,  flatter is better. Hardcore Then:  60% chance of rain means 40% chance you can...

3 Scenic Rides In S. California

Riding The Newport Beach, Dana Point. San Clemente & Laguna Woods Area Our local bicycle club does scenic rides on a weekly basis. Every winter, we leave the Kansas City area for the warmth of S. California. We also get the beach. As former New Yorkers who grew up...

Bicycling Strong 302 – Speed vs. Roses

Ride Strong – Either Way Works Some of our strong rides in Oregon Columbia River Gorge, Rhode Island, California, Florida and Kansas City (yes, even KC). If the ride is about Speed vs. Roses, my wife, will, invariably, chose roses.  On occasion, however,  she will consider bursts of speed...

Compendium – 4 Reasons, 7 Oblique Exercises & More

Compendium – 4 Reasons, 7 Oblique Exercises & More 4 Research-Backed Reasons Why You Should Exercise for Stress Relief Working out has been touted as a tension-busting strategy many times.  Here’s why it’s true. 7 Oblique Exercises That’ll Strengthen Your Core in Just 7 Minutes If  you want stability...

Evil Cars vs. Courteous Cyclists

Or Evil Cyclists, Courteous Cars? Courteous Cyclists Would Be My Preference but often, riding with groups, I find fault with my peers . . . often for not riding single file when there is traffic. The error does not all lie with the motorless two wheel riders, however. The...